Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bareno Run


We had just completed our Bareno Run! WOoo!

Sharon and I, together with other fellow Bpharmers signed up for this run a few months back. We tried to train for it despite of our busy schedule.

And I even sprained my ankle while jogging last week.

I stopped wearing heels so that my ankle would heal and I would be all ready for the marathon. Guess I can start wearing them again now. YeehWoo~

We need to wake up at 6am today. Sharon called me twice. I snoozed my alarm countless of time (as usual). But still, I managed to get ready in time.

Thanks Sharon for the milo that she made for me, though I never get to finish it cos' it was still very hot and we were rushing.
Thanks honey!
Andrew suggested we drive to the stadium.
I don't understand why. It's so freaking near. =.=


Anyway, we reached there around 6.45am. There was a huge crowd, some uncles already started to warm up, jogging around with their super super short pants. No, not sexy.


Andrew was basically there to be our photographer. =)

Thank you Andrew~


Andrew and I. My eyes and face were still puffy due to lack of sleep =.=

Sharon and I. Determined to win something! Oh Yeah~




Group photos. Sweet =)

After messing around with them, it's time to do some warm up. Sharon and I were in the 5km category.
The organizers called it "fun run". Hey, it's not a fun run ok? 5km, it's challenging.
How could they call it that? It's so offensive. GGrrr.

Warming up.



Motivation rushing into my veins suddenly.



And... Ya.. I was still very sleepy then.

Waiting for the run to start was a little "gan jiong". There were quite a lot of participants in this so called "fun run".

Kids as young as 6 years old took part as well. And some of them even ran faster than me. =.=

There were so many slopes that we need to run.

Up, down, then up again, then down, flat.. Then up up up up up up.. ARh! It was so torturing!

After 40 minutes of running, the stadium suddenly came into sight again. It was such a relief!

Dashing through the finishing line was a great feeling that I have not experienced for a long long time. =)

Guess what rank I finished at?

50th!

Muahahahhahahaha!

I know it's not great. But the number is so nice! 50th, half of 100th. =P

When the guy presented me with a medal and a certificate, it somehow reminded me of the memories back in highschool. Oh boy I really miss all those sport days and cross country back then!!

The second thing that came into my mind was WHERE IS THE FREAKIN TOILET?!?!? I NEED ONE!!!

I needed to go to the toilet long before the race started but I couldn't find one. So, trying to convince my mind that I don't need to go, I finished the race.

But after that, I think my body had enough of my stupid convincing, and fought back.

My heart was still beating at a rate of 200beats/minute, sweating like mad, when I finally found a toilet and did my business. It was such a EEEWWWW experince. =.=

Anyway, most of us got ourselves medals. =)



I love group photos! We looked so athletic!

Joining such an event together with your friends is just so NICE.

Can't wait for the next one!



Here are the cert and the medal. =)


The medal. It's such a darling, isn't it? :P

We were all given a goodie bag a day before the run. T-shirts were given, together with some pain killers and muscle relaxant cream.

And all for just RM15. It's SO worth it.



How thoughtful of them!



My lucky number =)

So what's next?
Centro Klang Run? Anyone?


There is only one category to choose from. 12km. More than double what I've ran today.
Should I or should I not?

No comments: