Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Dinner @ Vista Komanwel

 

B and I decided to stay at home and cooked our first Christmas dinner last Saturday.

And presenting the chef of the night,

DSC_9809.NEF

Miss Janet Woon. =)

We went to Carrefour to get us some marinated lamb shoulder.

DSC_9832.NEF

RM14 for 2 very big pieces of lamb shoulder. *Cheap*

I was a bit worried about the preparation as this was my very first time cooking other western dishes besides spaghetti.

DSC_9816.NEF DSC_9817.NEF

And thanks to B, my assistant for helping me. I didn’t manage to snap photos of him giving a hand in preparing the dinner (was just too busy chopping this and that).

After 2.5 hours of hard core preparation, our 2-course Christmas dinner was finally ready! =)

DSC_9853.NEF

Tomato soup as starter.

DSC_9855.NEF

Mushroom sauce for the mashed potatoes.

*thanks to Le Fei for the awesome recipe for the sauce!*

And the main course of the night:

DSC_9847.NEF

DSC_9849.NEF

Black Pepper Lamb Shoulder.

DSC_9859.NEF

One whole set! =)

They were awesome! The only thing to complain was that the lamb was a bit too salty. I think it would be better if we marinate them ourselves.

DSC_9868.NEFDSC_9869.NEF

I hope you enjoyed the dinner, B! =)

DSC_9864.NEF

Nom Nom Nom!

DSC_9880.NEF

B gave me a snow globe which I’ve always wanted since I was a young little girl. Frosty the snowman snow globe which is able to play the song Frosty The Snowman. I totally heart it! Thanks B!!!

Love B

I enjoyed my Christmas night very much! How about you guys out there? =)

Merry Christmas to everyone!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

3D9D9290B2A575020099FC77FB4F979C

No comments: