Monday, February 23, 2009

8 months in IMU

It has been 8 months since I’ve first step into IMU. I’ve been living on my own, without my parents around me everyday and not having the chance to have my mom’s home cooked food everyday. I used to complain about her cooking last time and I even chose not to eat what she cooked sometimes, ended up enjoying the instant noodles. Now thinking back, I was so silly for not appreciating her cooking. I’m having sandwiches for most of my meals now while missing her food And instant noodles, they are just “eeeeuuuuhhhhhh” now, except for the Maggie Goreng in mamak stalls. Hehe..

But still I’m lucky enough to be able to go back to Klang most of the weekend and enjoy my time with them and mom’s cooking. Come to think about it, it’s actually a good thing for them to move up to Klang. But still, I would prefer to stay in Kluang. J

Enrolling a university really change your life, your perspective towards life and also people around you. You get the opportunities to meet different people with all kinds of attitudes and style. Some whom you really cannot stand sometimes or some whom you really enjoy spending time with.

Back in Kluang, I didn’t really meet anyone who has attitude problems. Ya, there is some unhappy issues sometimes but they were usually solved or forgotten in a short period. But from what I experienced here, it is quite shocking for me. Haha… Maybe I shouldn’t use “shocking” but that is the best way to describe how I feel about it.

Friends will always be friends. That’s how I feel when I spent 19 years in Kluang. Friends will not get angry over small matters. Friends will not be angry if you’ve forgotten to ask them to join you for lunch and choose not to talk to you after that (even if it has been a month). Friends will not get angry and ignore you completely even if you choose to move out after sharing the same room with them for a year. Friends will not choose to mix around with “clever” friends only. Friends will not regard other friends as “your friends” rather than “our friends”.

There are also people who only think about themselves and would careless about others. They will complain about others without thinking of their own attitudes. And you can also see some quite pampered ones who had to learn to adapt to their lives without having their parents around. Some may even cover their practical results when you ask them for it (just for sharing and copying).

But there are also many kind ones here. And I really adore them! :P Spending them with them just make you think of ways to be a better person. Sharing unhappy and frustrating experiences with them will definitely feel much better. Sharing food is the best though. Hahaha… :P There are also people who can really sing and when they do, they just make your heart melt.. Aw.. AHahha... Maybe I'm exaggerating a little....

And I was also given the chance to meet some guys who really know how to flirt. They will flirt and make you believe in something which wasn’t real at all. They will always find excuses to make them look innocent while you look stupid. In the end, they will just crush you into pieces and your confidence… ended up zero. But still, you need not to worry as you have a lot more friends who care about you and will always be there for you while you heal yourself slowly.
I don’t care how their attitudes are, I will always regard them as friends.

Lessons learnt? Find ways to adapt to those who annoy you sometimes and stay away from guys who flirt.

I love you guys from Kluang and IMU!

3 comments:

小顺的飞行部落 said...

wa..ur blog very touch o~make me wan cry liao lar~actually ur blog quite similar with my feel~~from the mom cooking part, i really miss my mom cooking right now..aftertat is...i realize that klg fren are very important to me.i feel that klg fren are more tolerance with each other and really less friction lo..r u agree?hehe..until now we whole gang still is good friends..8 years friendship alr..~~hehe~~keep it on~~

小顺的飞行部落 said...

haha..4get last point..
i really lucky i born at klg, study at SMKTHO and know u all as well~~miss u all~~~

Mei said...

Walao, your comment is so sweet! Feel like crying. Ya, we've known each other for a very long time d! Miss you guys so much!!!!!!!

Ya, I'm lucky to know you all! :)