Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chinese New Year

My family and I will always travel back to Pulau Penang to celebrate CNY. This year was rather different as sis was still recovering from dengue fever and she couldn't make it back to Malaysia. Bro and Terri also followed us back together for the very first time. :)


I woke up at 6.30am on Saturday. Damn early.. We left for Penang at 8am.


This is our beloved driver, DAD. Hehe...


Jam all the way.

After sitting in the car for hours and when my butt was really aching already, I saw this cute cloud. Look at the upper part of it, it looked like a brain and also, a butt. Keke....
After 7 hours..... 3.30pm....


We finally reached Penang island!!!!!!!

It was the longest journey we ever had. It would usually take us around 5 hours to reach Penang....
Terri and Bro, came back as husband and wife for the very first time.

Grandma couldn't make it to bro and Terri's wedding as she couldn't walk or stand for too long now. And so, there was a simple tea ceromony for her.



She was very pleased. :)

And for dad, he had Dengue and had to be hospitalised during bro and Terri's wedding.

Terri possing for the camera. :)

We had our reunion lunch and dinner on the eve. My favourite Penang Lo Bak was there! Wahahahahha~

On the first day of CNY, I was greeted by this lion... Look at it's mouth... It looked damn huge...

We went to temple after having our breakfast and for me, after receiving ang pows... :P
Went to pay our respects to my grandpa and uncle...


Getting blessings from the monk...


It was really different without sis around. Noone to 38 with me...

We went to a beach at Batu Ferringgi, Pantai Shamrock. And ya, there were a lot of rocks....



Rocks on the right....

Rocks on the left....
And rocks every where!!!

On the way back, Dad bought laksa for RM2.50 each. Cheap sial...

We went back to KL on Tuesday.
From left: Mom, me and Dad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to Kluang on Thursday. I was abducted by Xiao Pang once I reached Kluang and started to visit friends. I was never given the chance to rest.. After reaching Kluang for less than 5 hours, we went to Batu Pahat.
We had steamboat by the river, only Nickson was looking at the camera.

We then headed to "Qing Ren Qiao" (Couple bridge - translated directly). According to them, this place is very famous in Batu Pahat but honestly, I never heard of this place before...

It was very Kampung over there but nice. There were a lot of people over there. Cars were parked everywhere.

Us walking towards a temple.

We had the chance to make our own CNY MTV..
Gong Xi Gong Xi Gong Xi ni Ya!~

There were fire works too..

And we tried to take photos with them.
But failed..

Friday, time to visit friends again.
But we ended up staying in Shwu Ling's house only.. Eating junk food and playing mah jong..


Famous cendol in Kluang...

We had a gathering at Old Taste on Friday night. Everyone was tired due to the late nights they had...



Mok and Bo Bo. Mok was sick and still, came out. Really don't know how to take care of himself. Hehe..

From Left: Jia De, Nickson, ME, Jen Shen, Shwu Ling.


We should buy 4D and TOTO.. 5380..

Later that night, it was time for us to win some money...


Siew Ling getting ready...

Our "Zhong Ga"

Wahahaa, "Man Lap"! But they only visited me once during that game. Sad...

Guess what time we went back home that night? 5am... and Pang still had to went to market at 8am to buy ingredients for our buffet party.

Pang.. So pro~~

Aunty fried meehoon and noodles for us...

Wahahahhahaha! FOOD!!!!

Poor Siew Ling, she was totally blocked by Pang...

This is Jia De. He really enjoys taking photos...

Fire works!!!


I don't know if it was because the buffet was boring or they were really exhausted..

Shwu Ling

Nickson and Bo Bo possing with sleepy Jia De.

Champagne time...

Poor Yong Kang, he couldn't open the cork...

Forks were used...
Failed...

Chopsticks were then used...

After a few minutes of trying, we managed to push it into the bottle.. Hehe..

Yam Seng time!

We gambled again later that night. Ahahaha.. And I lost all the cash in my purse and also the ones in the ang pow I collected in Kluang. Aiks...
Most of us went back to KL the next day. It's Monday and I miss them already. :)

No comments: