Friday, August 21, 2009

Convocation 2009

Convocation Day was held on 19th of August. It was a happy day not only for those who are graduating but also those who got to have more sleep and wake up extra late that day since all lectures were canceled for half a day. :)

Jason, Sharon, Bel and I volunteered in helping out in the temperature screening of people entering the building (including the those attending the convocation, lecturers, students, kakak from the cafeteria, security guards, chefs and waiters who came for the catering service).

We had to gather in atrium at 7am that morning. I can't even wake up for my 8am lectures, how on earth was I going to be able to wake up for that meeting? I set my alarm at 6am and ya, as I expected, I was so sound asleep that I did not hear a single thing.

Then Sharon called. And it was already 6.35am. And she had already called for 4 times. =.= swt..

So still, I managed to get to IMU in time. Thanks sharon!

By the time I reached IMU, the atrium was already decorated with flowers and teddy bears. Not decorating actually. These are all done by the florist who wanted to earn some money from the rich parents.

Teddy bears. They are so adorable, aren't they? :)




Bouquets of flower were arranged along the stage. They were so nice! I felt like buying one for myself that morning! Just so irresistible! I hope one day I will receive one for my own! :)



The photographers were setting up the cameras and background for the photo shoots.


Advertising.

So when all of us arrived and were briefed by the lecturer and Sisters, we set off, doing our noble jobs~~ Woo~


Us at the entrance of IMU.

We were divided into groups of 2 and each group was given an infra-red thermometer and a stack of stickers with "I have no fever " written on them.



I HAVE NO FEVER!!


Scanning body temperatures.


Then one of the nursing students told me that Tun Dr. Mahathir will be coming later. I was like what?!?!?!? Why is he coming to IMU again?

Even the kakaks from the cafeteria came up just to see him. But too bad he was not here yet and they had to go back down and work. So sad....


Kakaks from Cafeteria.


There were like hundreds of guests who came that day and we were really busy scanning their body temperatures.

There were some guests who didn't really cooperate. And I was so hurt by that. :(


There was this lady, when I told her that I want to scan for her body temperature and she was like "Oh No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO.." She was so frightened and made me think as if I look very scary or I have the "I WILL KILL YOU" look. Depressed. :/

Then all of a sudden,


Tun Dr. Mahathir was here!!!!!!!!!!!

Tun Dr. Mahathir and his wife.


Snap snap snap!!!

Woooo~~

We had to work from 7.30am until 9.30am. And we were really exhausted then.

There were no guests arriving anymore. All we could do is wait and wait and wait........

Then we started to snap photos! How professional we were eh?







Power ranges.


Harry Potter.

Hahaha.. I hope there were no guests who witness all these.


Us with Sisters from Nursing.

We were so exhausted after that session!

There was a buffet catered by Sheraton Hotel but it was only for the guests attending the convocation, this was what we were told of. Sheraton wei! But too bad, we were not included for the free lunch.



Wooo woooo wooo~


But then I met Jun Ming in the library during lunch hour. He looked so freakin satisfied and happy.

Jun Ming :"Wow, I just had my lunch at the entrance of IMU. Free buffet ler!! So nice! Ar! So satisfied~"

Fang Yi was in the library as well and when he heard this, he rushed out of the library within seconds. Hahaha.. Hungrynya....


When You Ming came I share with him the news and he was like super excited! He insisted in going down to have a try on the food. And It was already 1.30pm and we had CAL session at 2pm.

I followed him down and along the way he said,

"Hey, the food catered should be of higher class right? Then must we converse in English later?"

I was like laughing all the way.. And I couldn't really answer his question.

And we finally reached the entrance, he really started speaking in English!


"Oh Shiau Mei, are these the food?"

"Where are the plates? and the spoons and forks?"

"Oh.. Nice food.. Oh cakes.. "

Hahhahaha.. I was still laughing when I reached there.

Then I saw Fang Yi, look at the smile on his face.


Everyone was soooooooooooo HAPPY to have free nice food!

Here are 2 generations of hungry Bpharmers enjoying the desserts.


You Ming was smiling all the way~


Me, posing with the desserts.

We wanted to try the chicken pie but then we noticed that there were only 3 left in the tray.

An uncle approached the tray and took our chicken pie!! Here's You Ming, eying on that uncle.


But there was still one left! Look how happy You Ming was, holding that precious chicken pie that he longed for! Hahahahaha....

==Second round==


Getting a new plate.


You Ming commenting on the chicken.


Third round. He was still chewing on the chicken when he wanted to refill his plate. YOU MING CHILL!! :P


YUM YUM~~~ You Ming's favourite chicken~



I don't remember what was he doing in those 2 photos. Enjoyed his food too much perhaps?



Then Sharon came.


Sharon, looking all pleased with the desserts~


Food, can really make humans happy, can't they? Hahahaha..

You Ming, you're really funny and thanks for making me laughed non stop that day. :)

2 comments:

The Author said...

Wahahah yang tak boleh tahan gambar Fangyi yang terlalu gembira dengan makanan.

But the food deco seemed familiar ler. Looks like from Sheraton Subang.

By the way, you could change the blog title to - that day You Ming had free food. So many of his pictures!!

Anyway, miss and love you!!

Mei said...

HAhahahahhahah.. Ya, it's from Sheraton.

Hahaha.. But the main entry is for the temperature screening actually. Hahahahhaa...

Both of them (Fang Yi and You Ming) were really really happy! Had a great laugh that day. hahahahaha...