Saturday, May 15, 2010

A day out with Papa and Mama

I just finished my long long final exam a few days ago.

And this morning my parents gave me a surprise visit and took me out! It has been ages since I last went out with them, and without Ah Jo. Just the 3 of us. I couldn’t stop talking while I was in the car. It’s like my mouth was forced to be sealed for the past few days.

Dad took me to a restaurant which I never heard of. And Mom claimed that she had brought me here once. =.= And I doubt that..

Coliseum Restaurant.

Anyone heard of it before?

DSCF1604

DSCF1605

It’s an really really old restaurant and I don’t think anyone would have even noticed if if they walk pass the row of shops. When Dad suddenly stopped and pushed the door open, I was like what? Here? what is this??

They had been doing business since 1921 and most of the customers were British soldiers then.

DSCF1602

The interior?

Speechless.

DSCF1584

Simple and nice.

DSCF1592 

It’s really nostalgic. When I first stepped in, I was really surprised. Dad didn’t mention about this restaurant before. Not even once in my 22 years of life.

Everything is still the same way as it was back in 1921!

DSCF1589

DSCF1591 

Guess what’s the coolest part of all? Dad said that all the waiters and waitresses were pure Hainanese back in those days. And the waiter who served us today, speaks 100% pure Hainanese. And he is an Indian!!!!

DSCF1581

Mr. Mogan. He has been working there for the past 36 years. And his hainanese, GENG. Respect. Even dad said that his hainanese is so much better than mine. =.= Sadness.. Hey dad, you never taught me proper hainanese ok.. You can’t blame me, it’s not my fault..

DSCF1588

  It was just so weird to look at him and hearing him conversing in Hainanse with dad. But it feels great. SUKI NANG. :)

The food was great. Dad ordered the famous hainanese toast.

DSCF1594

Dad with his all time favourite Roti Bakar Hainan.

DSCF1593

Look how thick the butter was!!

DSCF1596

And Yeah, that’s the way to eat a roti bakar! Not like those served in Old Town Kopitiam or whatever kopitiam, just a thin layer of marjerine. EW.

The main courses were a little pricey compared to other western restaurants as the side dishes were really pathetic.. haha.. But it was still good!

DSCF1597

Waiters serving the sizzling lamb chop dad and mom ordered. Live show~

DSCF1600

Sizzling Lamp Chop.

DSCF1599

Salmon with garlic butter sauce for me =)

I was already really hyper today when I knew that my parents were coming. Talked and laughed non stop. And when dad suddenly suggested to buy me a new phone after lunch, I was like WHAT?!?! DAD??? Buying me a new phone?? Are you sure??

Dad had never bought me a phone before. I’ve always saved my own money and get a new phone. I wonder if he striked lottery this time? Jackpot perhaps? Hahaa..

Anyway, it’s really time to change my darling mobile phone. Been using it since 2006? And had countless repairs.. And this time, when I receive calls, my voice couldn’t be heard. No more repairs this time. Had enough. Woo WOo!!

DSCF1611

My new darling, Nokia X3.

Woo, doesn’t she look adorable? What should I name her… I shall name her… Xaxa Sexy X3 Xio~ woo SEXY~

DSCF1613

Dear Nokia 5300, it’s time for you to rest in peace. Thanks for being my companion for so many years. =)

And to Papa and Mama, I love you guys so so so much!!!!!!!!

DSCF1606

Eh no, that’s not right. Both of them have the Lan Si faces.

DSCF1607

This one is much better. :)

I’m a spoiled kid today~ Woo~ Love it!!

No comments: