Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year’s Eve

So Dad booked us a table for the new year’s countdown in Cora Hotel or is it Corals, Cora’s? I don’t know and I don’t care. It looked pretty old to me. When Ah Jo and I first saw the hotel, we were like “mmm. Full stop.”

There’s a theme for the celebration which Dad never mentioned to us. Otherwise we would dress up according to it! (We would at least try)

“Masquerade”

I bet if Jason or CY were there, they must be excited as the theme is exactly same as the name of their dancing crew!

 

IMG_6865

Ah Jo, as usual, was taking photographs non stop.

IMG_6860 

The chefs were still busy arranging the dishes when we arrived. We were there an hour earlier! Haha, Kia Su people, what to do? =P

IMG_6863

We were given a masquerade mask each and Dad took like 3 more extras. =.=

IMG_6893

new year2

Yeah. We looked pretty awesome in masquerade masks~

Dad always has his specs on and he complained that the wearing the mask with his specs underneath it was very uncomfortable.

This was how he figured a way to solve his problem.

IMG_6896

He looked damn funny.

Masquerade masks were nice. They are sexy and mysterious.

But sometimes they can make you look funny.. Like you are some kind of bird…. Peacock?

DSC_4135 [640x480]

DSC_4136 [640x480]

We couldn’t stop laughing after realising how funny we look.

Here are some photos of the various dishes served.

IMG_6868

IMG_6892

Oysters.

Taste pretty good in the fist bite but then weird taste started to find its way into the taste buds or your tongue. Disgusting!

IMG_6872

Cold prawns.

 

IMG_6870

Ham.

 

IMG_6871 

Stuffed tomatoes. Nice =)

 

IMG_6875

IMG_6876

Fruits. Love how they arranged and decorated them.

 

IMG_6878

Desserts.

IMG_6879

IMG_6880

I think some are Christmas leftovers.

Ginger bread man cookies looked so cute! But taste. Oh my god, it tasted a million time worst than those cheap biscuits that you find in those groceries shops.

More deserts~

IMG_6883

IMG_6885

IMG_6886

IMG_6889

Looked nice and tasty eh? But I tell you, don’t be fooled by their appearance. I give them 5 out of 10 at most.

IMG_6891

Ah Jo found a new fan for her blog. =)

After finishing our dinner and listening to bored 80’s songs, the performers (some ladies from the Philippines, I guess) started to sing songs that are “acceptable” to your ears. 

And that means, it’s PAARRTAAY time!

Most of the guests hit the dance floor.

DSC_4152 [640x480]

Never see myself having that big of a smile before.. =.=

I dragged mom to the dance floor as well. Got her post-menopause body to shake a little. :P

IMG_6897 

IMG_6898

I was expecting some R & B or songs from Lady Gaga or the Black Eyed Peas. But maybe it’s due to the number of guests are made up of middle-aged couples and uncles and aunties, the songs were mainly from the 80’s. And ya, SAD.

Anyway, Sis and I still waited patiently for the right song to come.

DSC_4145 [640x480]

Had quite a fun time in the party. Getting to dance with your parents and Ah Jo, seeing pure Latino danced, marking hot guys.. (but there were none =.=)

DSC_4147 [640x480]

 IMG_6857

DSC_4119 [640x480]

Before midnight strikes, we left the party and headed to the park outside of KLCC.

As expected, there were thousands of people.

DSC_4158 [640x480] 

DSC_4159 [640x480]

We are always afraid when it comes to this. Thousands of people gathering around. You never knew who you will bump in to or who will be watching and targeting you.

First time in my life, I actually met some guy, or maybe guys, who were eyeing on your belongings!

Here’s the first guy.

IMG_6905

IMG_6906

He was standing in front of us, eyeing on sis’s camera pouch. You can tell immediately if he is a criminal. Just looking at his tired and desperate eyes and his oily face, ew, one word that comes into your mind – Criminal!!

He moved after I accidently snap his photograph.

Ah Jo and I were starring at him and I think he started to noticed it, he looked worried and walked away.

Later we found out that this guys (the one with blue shirt) was actually his friend!

IMG_6904 

He was standing right beside that and looking at mom’s handbag constantly.

We moved to a safer spots then.

Why are they so obvious? Can’t they be more professional as snatch thieves?  Sigh.

Anyway, who cares about them? I have a firework display to enjoy! =)

DSC_4170 [640x480]

It was very nice. But too bad the whole duration of it was only a mere 5 minutes.

And that was it. 2010 is finally here. Woo! 2010, give me some luck baby!!

The last time my family and I celebrated new year’s eve was exactly 10 years ago. Y2K.

Guess we will celebrate again 10 years later? =)

Oh Ya, did I mention that I saw this really charming boy? His name is Diego or maybe Alonsor.

Look just like my Taylor Lautner. Muax!

DSC_4129 [640x480]

No comments: