Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Traditional Chinese Medicine Here I Come!!!

So for semester 5, it is compulsory for us to complete a selective. There used to be only 4 choices to choose from, which are veterinary pharmacy, radiopharmacy, bioinformatics and analytical method validation. IMU has introduced a Chinese Medicine early this year and should I say lucky or not, it is also introduced into one of the selective choices.

IMG_8763

Yeah, 5 choices this year but the sad news is that there are only 25 places eligible for students to apply in each selective and it is based on first-come,first-served basis. 25?? That’s just too cruel. We have around 125 students in our class and obviously, there are only 2 selective which are interesting enough to make students wanna fight for them, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Veterinary Pharmacy.

So the “kiasu-ness” plays a vital role in securing a place for yourself in the selection of your choice. Most of us The whole class handed in the forms hours before the submission time which is set by the academic affair department, even before the briefing about selective was done.

I don’t care. We don’t care.

IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES COMPLETELY, YOU WILL NEVER SURVIVE!!!

My prayers were answered today. I was selected for Traditional Chinese Medicine!!

 Untitled

Saw my name? Saw my name?? :D

What made it perfect is that I have Sharon, Bel, Ah Long, Yit Kuay and Ru Yi together in the same subject! Woo Hoo!

There will be no written exam in this subject but we need to complete assignments and a presentation. I hope they are not too challenging. Phiew..

And here is the professor who will be teaching us, I guessed.

IMG_8770

She has this “I learnt Chinese Medicine” face. Someone told me that I look like her, do I?????????????? If that’s the truth, maybe my brain looks like hers too? And I can score well in this! Hooray!!!

Maybe after months of lectures and countless of research that is needed for the assignment and presentation, we will be able to develop all kinds of Chinese Medicine skills?

IMG_8768

Maybe most of us could diagnose diseases just by reading one’s pulse?

IMG_8767

Or perhaps we are skilful enough to perform acupuncture on patients? Maybe not patients, on our friends, maybe?? :D

IMG_8766

Or maybe this? I have no idea what is this… Moxibustion.. What on earth is that?

I don’t know what to expect from this subject. Will it be interesting? Will I regret it? I have no idea.

But there is one thing that I’ve always believed in, that no matter what situation we are thrown with, we will all survive in the end. :)

No comments: