Sunday, June 20, 2010

Trip to China (Day Seven – Last day ) –Beijing to Malaysia

I had to wake up at 4.30am in order to get ready that morning. We needed to depart from the hotel to the airport at 6am. Boy oh boy. That was not a good thing to be added in a vacation.

IMG_8456

Checking in our luggage.

IMG_8457

The plane was finally on time. 8.30am sharp. =)

IMG_8460

But the food.. They served xiao bai cai again. WHY?!?!? I miss the omelette served on the plane on the first day.

So there are a few conclusions that I made based on this China trip.

First, you can get really cheap food in China, food which cost a lot more in Malaysia.

Let’s take this biscuit as an example.

IMG_7238

I bet you guys had seen this before. It cost RM1 in China. Back in Malaysia? I think mo0re than RM3.

Secondly, the pop corns sold in China sucks.

 IMG_7198

Never ever waste you money to even try them!

Third, most of the road cleaners there are women. I bet if you do that in Malaysia they will surely be raped. =.=

IMG_7153

Lady sweeps sweeps the road~

Fourth, no helmets are needed when you are riding a bike, even on busy main roads.

IMG_7308

Fifth, there are bicycles and bikes every where.

And they came out with this design which combines both of them.

IMG_7215

IMG_7272

Bicycle + Bike = Bicybike.

Fifth, cute hairy small dogs can be seen at most of the places.

IMG_7365

Arh.. I think it is dying…

IMG_8393

Smalll dogs flirting with each other. :P

Sixth, the toilets are hells.

IMG_8368

The toilets are smelly MOST OF THE TIME. Not the usuall smelliness. The ones in China are extremely smelly! They don’t have the habit to flush the toilet after use and they do not close the doors when they are doing the business.

There was once when I visited the West Lake, the toilet was fully packed. Then all of a sudden, three ladies cut the queue and went into the toilet straight. Guess what they do next? They just took of their pants and squad down on the floor randomly, and peed!!! There were no toilet bowls, just floor! Cemented floor! ERG!! Cultural shock =.=

Anyhow, the trip was great I think. But to many uncles and aunties, this trip was not a holiday. Dad said that it was more like an Amazing Race.

I hope to see all of them again. :)

IMG_8741

2 comments:

SMM said...

Very nice blog of your trip to Beijing. I enjoyed it. (Your father and I were classmates in high school, and he had given us the link to your blog.)
The reason I was so interested in it is that my daughter is going to work in Beijing soon, and I showed her the blog, so she can get a taste of what is to come when she goes to China. Thanks for the lovely descriptions. It seemed like a nice trip.

Mei said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad that you enjoyed my blog. :)
By the way, my dad asked for your English and Chinese name.