Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trip to China (Day One – 06/06/2010)

We took a taxi to KLIA and arrived there at around 10pm. We were supposed to meet up with the tour manager at 11.30pm to check in our luggage and board the plane at 1am.

IMG_7082

Here’s the gang of the tour. We didn’t know each other yet. :)

It took rather long for our tour manager, Edmund, to check in our luggage.

IMG_7085

I was really sleepy and bored for waiting for such a long time. Then we were told that the flight was delayed from 1am to 7:55am. We were like WTF?? 6 hours??

We were all transferred to the Palace of the Golden House to spend the night there. IMG_7086

Us, waiting for the bus which will take us to the hotel to arrive.

IMG_7088

Mom was really sleepy, or is she just posing for my camera? :P

Not much night left to be spent there actually since the bus only arrived at KLIA at 1.15am and we reached the hotel at around 2am.

After washing up and stuffs, it was already 2.30am. And we had to wake up 2 hours later to catch the flight. What a start for our trip.

IMG_7093

The room.

IMG_7097

There were horses every where! Out side of the hotel rooms, in the hotel rooms and in the toilet. They somehow reminded me of ANDREW NEOH~~~ HORSIE~~~ :P

Anyway, we woke up in time and were sent to KLIA again by the bus.

Finally, we got our air tickets to Shang Hai!

IMG_7102

The flight was supposed to be delayed to 7:55am. But we were still stuck in Malaysia after 40 minutes. No breakfast, no beverages. Just waiting and waiting and more waiting.

IMG_7104

Stranded.

We were allowed to board the plane only after 9am. Damn. Waited for 8 hours in total.

IMG_7105

The seats were really colourful. Haha. This is only my second time boarding on a plane. So please do forgive me for my “over excitement”. :P

IMG_7113

It was freezing cold and I need to cover myself with the blanket the whole time I was in the plane.

IMG_7117

The breakfast served was great. Maybe it was due to the reason that I was starving to death. Oh boy, I miss the omelette served that morning!

After 5 hours of flying, we finally reached Pu Dong Airport. Don’t ask me where is that because I have no idea too. haha.

IMG_7129

Edmund, our tour manager, discussing the delayed flight with dad and fellow member of the tour.

IMG_7135

Sign boards were all in mandarin. Interesting since I had been seeing Malay signs for the pass 22 years.

IMG_7136

We then board the bus which would take us to Shang Hai and begun our tour! :)

IMG_7138

Here’s our tour guide for Shang Hai and Hang Zhou, Xiao Tian. He has this cute smile but then his English just failed. It was so suffering to just listening to him conversing in English and trying to understand every single word which he had uttered. When he first introduce himself I wanted to laugh already but since I was sitting at the first row with my mom, I had no choice but to act as nothing had happened. Haha. I know I’m bad..

The first stop was the Oriental Pearl Tower (without any lunch). Xiao Tian described it as 2 dragons playing with balls and it was very lucky. I am not sure if what he meant was that the dragons were very lucky that they could play with balls or we were very lucky to have the chance to see the dragons playing balls? Anyhow, the sentence that came out from his mouth sounded very wrong. Playing balls, very lucky? =.=

IMG_7157

Oriental Pearl Tower.

IMG_7163

The queue was super long.

We could see the whole Shang Hai from the tower. Something the KL tower in Malaysia.

IMG_7177

IMG_7178

IMG_7173

What really made the tower special was another part of it where the floor was made out of glass. So imagine this, you are standing more than 400 meters up in the tower, looking down exactly from where you stand. It was super scary.

IMG_7183

That’s my shoe and what you see through the glass floor.

IMG_7190

It was really a terrifying experience to post while standing on the glass. I could feel my heart beat, palpitation! I need to hypnotize myself that I could see nothing. But when the thought of the glass cracking and breaking into pieces while I am standing on it, falling to the ground below. OMG. Freakin’ scary!

IMG_7194

IMG_7195

I need to walk on the part that is not made out of glass.

IMG_7188

I don’t understand how some people just don’t feel the fear. Better self-hypnotizing skill?

For dinner, we went to a Thai Village. IMG_7217

I seriously have no idea why I came all the way from Malaysia to China to have dinner at a Thai restaurant which served chinese food and where Thai dances were performed. =.= WHY???

IMG_7219

And the food… 1/10. Really, they sucks!

We went to Shang Hai Tan after dinner but too bad my camera was already dead!! No pictures of the place at all. Sad. There were millions of people there. Really, millions! Our bus driver nearly knocked down a few of them. Phiew!

We checked in to Holiday Inn later that night.

IMG_7256

The room was not bad, quite a pleasant room. =)

IMG_7235

IMG_7239

Toilet was nice and the shower was the best shower I had taken in my life!!

IMG_7489

IMG_7490

Super nice shower~

IMG_7242

Woo~ Who is that in the toilet~~ Sexy~

IMG_7243

Chilling in the hotel room before I go to bed while eating this super tasty biscuit I got from the mini market outside of the hotel. =)

Day one was a blast! Everyday was a blast to me though! woohoo!!! =)

No comments: