Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trip to China (Day Four – 09/06/2010) HangZhou

IMG_8469

Dad has his own way to cheer himself up in the morning. :P

Anyway, the breakfast in the second hotel was way better than the one served in Holiday Inn. And there were no xiao bai cai served! Woohoo!

IMG_7820

It rained the whole night till morning. The temperature that morning was 23 degree Celsius. =)

We checked out from the hotel that morning as we would be heading to Beijing later that night by train.

Edmund had told us that we should be careful with the management staffs of the hotels in China as they may be very cunning and will try their best to ask you to pay extra other than the rooms.

I never thought that I would actually experience that.

That morning, we waited in the bus for more than 20 minutes while Xiao Tian was doing some paper work for the check outs. It was too long and suddenly the bus driver came up and said that the towels from the room I was staying had gone missing. So they were trying to accuse us for stealing the towels now?

I had to go down with the bus driver to the management office to tell the girl where the towels were. The bus driver was really MAN that morning.

He was running to the office and scolded the lady in the office :"See, now I even brought the customer here!(Wo xian zai dou ba ke ren gei dai lai le!)

The girl was communicating with another colleague of hers who is in my room through a phone. She asked me where the towels were and I told her.

Then the bus driver continue his scolding,

“Can you be faster?!?! Ask your friend to be faster!! They are rushing for a plane you know?!?! What should they do if they miss the flight??”

We weren’t rushing for any plane though. The bus driver just made that up to give pressure to the girl. But it was true that we were late for our trip, 30 minutes late.

The girl ignored the bus driver and continued asking me questions : “What about the floor mat?”

I was like WTF?? “The floor mat is definitely in the toilet!” I replied. Why on earth I want to take your floor mat? =.=

Then the bus driver continued,

“Can you be faster?? Why are you so slow?? How much is your towel and floor mat?? Are they more expensive than the air tickets they paid???”

After some 1 minute of silence, the girl finally replied, “Oh, we found them already.”

Damn, orang CINA. The bus driver were really pissed off and he continued scolding the girl on the way out. Haha.. Cool uncle~

After all that hassles, we headed to a place called West Lake. Xiao Tian (the tour guide) asked us in his broken English, “Do you all know why the WET lake is called WET lake?”

I was thinking to myself, wet lake.. is called wet lake because it is a lake, hence containing water and therefore it is wet!

After listening to his mandarin translation, only then I knew that what he was trying to ask was why is the WEST Lake being named so. =.=

IMG_7822

Heading to the West Lake!! Woo!!

IMG_7825 

Snapped some photos along the way.

IMG_7828

Dad was walking really fast in front and he was really busy recording videos of the place. So Meng Hao and I exchange cameras and we took turn to take photos of each other. Haha..

IMG_7835

We need to first queue up for the boat ride. It was a long long long long long long long long long long long long long queue.

IMG_7843 

We boarded the boat finally and got the best seats! =)

Some scenery snap shots of the lake:

IMG_7844

IMG_7845

There were pagodas on the hills and many small islands in the lake. Too bad the weather was kinda gloomy and was too misty to take any nice photos. Sad.

IMG_7851

Dad posing on the boat ride.

IMG_7853

Xiao Tian and I, with the tourist centre flag.

We then headed to a traditional Chinese garden there. It was a nice garden. With a lot of breathtaking sceneries that you would only see in movies like those in Memoirs of a Geisha.

IMG_7855

IMG_7881 

Memoirs of Dad and Mom =) :

IMG_7863

IMG_7866

IMG_7878

Memoirs of A Gu Niang named Janet Woon :

IMG_7877

IMG_7867 

IMG_7879 

I love my yellow umbrella! It made everyone look sweet and charming! =)

Dad got himself a black corn from a local stall in the garden.

IMG_7891

IMG_7895

It doesn’t taste good at all.  Totally different than corns from Malaysia. YUK.

After lunch, we visited a silk museum.

IMG_7897

Cocoons of silk worms.

IMG_7899

Silk worms. 

IMG_7900

A lady demonstrating how silks are form.

IMG_7902

IMG_7905

A demonstrator showing us how good the quality of the silk they sell.

IMG_7906

Uncles and aunty discussing the price and quality of the silk blankets sold. Dad nearly bought one. Luckily he didn’t. It would be a total waste of money.

Next we headed to Hangzhou Tower to do some shopping for our dinner. We would be having our dinner on the train to Beijing.

IMG_7912

That’s Uncle Goh and I. Meng Hao just ignored the camera. =.=

Bought some cup noodles and buns.

IMG_7910

IMG_7911

Bakery in the shopping mall.

IMG_7908

Spotted this tall building while walking to the mall.

Can high?!?! Hou high ar~~~~~~ =.=

We reached the train station at around 4.40pm and the train is expected to arrive at around 5.30pm.

IMG_7919

Mom and I in the waiting room. Tired and bored.

Luckily the train was on time. Not like KTM in Malaysia at all. :)

Our carriage number was number 2 and we had to pulled our luggage all the way from carriage number 17 to number 2. My hands were so freakin numb and pain when I finally reached the carriage.

Dad, Mom and I shared a cabin. Each cabin contains 4 beds. It was packed. Really packed. But I liked it~~ 

IMG_7926

Reminded me of Harry Potter the movie.

IMG_7929 

Me, chilling outside of the cabin.

IMG_7934

I was so excited about the room. Climbing up and down from my bed. =)

The restaurant in the train:

IMG_7942

The Menu:

IMG_7944

The smelled nice. Wanted to try some but didn’t have the chance.

It was a 14-hour train ride from Hangzhou to Beijing. =.= That means no shower the whole night till the next day.

We, the younger ones, had a “cho dai di” session in one of the cabin. Haha. Thanks to Uncle Meng for the playing cards he bought in Hangzhou earlier.

IMG_7950

That’s Daniel.

IMG_7951

Seems like his hands were glowing.. There was basically no rules in that sessions. Trading was also introduced. =.= Sweat.

Anyway, I saw this sign while walking around, exploring the train.

IMG_7954

SO, does this mean that I can’t smoke in the train but I can spit, throw rubbish in the train and out of the train?? =.=

Closing my eyes.. When I woke up the next day, I would be in Beijing!! Oh Yeah!!!

1 comment:

JAsOn said...

so fun ya~^^ haha~