Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trip to China (Day Two – 07/06/2010)

Second day in Shanghai! The sun rose hours earlier than Malaysia. The sky was already as bright as 9am in Malaysia when it was only 5am. I was even shocked and panicked a little when I woke up at 5am, thinking that I was late for the trip. =.=

First stop was the Jade Buddha Temple. The name itself sounded so glamorous and pure. Jade Buddha, I was thinking that must have something to do with the jade Buddha in the movie Shanghai Noon. But I was totally wrong. The statue was not green but white. Not as what I had expected.

Anyway, the traffic in Shanghai is worst than Kuala Lumpur. And this was actually my very first time to see a jam cause by motorcycles and bicycles. =.=

IMG_7271

There were really lots and lots of bicycles and bikes on the road. The government of China even built special roads for them.

 

IMG_7301

The entrance of Jade Buddha Temple.

Here are some photos of the temple. 

IMG_7279

IMG_7283

IMG_7300

Too bad that we won’t allowed to take photos of the Buddha since it is a disrespectful act according the Buddhists' believes.

We went to a Shanghai Petaling Street after that. Got ourselves t-shirts, key chains, handbag and jacket! Woo! So cheap!!

IMG_7310

We had lunch at this nice restaurant. Looked nice but the food.. Sigh.. Sadness. I would give 3/10.

IMG_7311

IMG_7312

Our gang, having lunch.

After lunch we were transferred to this place called Bao Shu Tang. It is a famous pharmaceutical company in China, selling all kinds of Chinese medicine. We were given “free” foot soaking and foot reflexology.

IMG_7316

“Free”. There is no such thing as free in China. Haha. They had other plans for us.

IMG_7318

This is a Chinese medicine doctor from the company, giving dad some consultation, telling him what kind of diseases he is suffering from and what kind of Chinese medicine he should use.

The doctor checked my pulse and by looking at my face and tongue, he could tell that I am drinking too much of cold drinks. He also said that my uterus is too cold and that I have risk in developing some cervical cancer. I was like WTF. I am having my holiday now, please do not give me this kind of news.

And whatever Chinese medicine that he recommended us to take, they cost more than RM200. Some were even as expensive as RM1000. None of us bought anything Chinese herbs from them. They must had hated us. Haha..

Mom chose to buy cherries just outside the company in stead. :P

IMG_7324

We then headed to Xin Tian Di (新天地). There were a lot of old traditional buildings which were restored to served as bookstores, cafes, restaurants and bakeries.

 

IMG_7345

IMG_7351

One of the bakeries that we entered.

It was a really nice place. It somehow made you feel like as if you were in some place in Europe.

IMG_7346 

IMG_7343

Grabbed a chance to pose with some security guards.

IMG_7336

Serious faces.

Next stop was CHeng Huang Miao. It is a shopping paradise for handicrafts and all sorts of local cuisine.

IMG_7374

The buildings there were really nice. I like the roofs of each and every single building there. Makes you feel very “Chinese”. :P

IMG_7378

Again, millions of people were there.

IMG_7371

We grabbed the opportunity to try the famous Shanghai Xiao Lung Bao in this dim sum restaurant.

IMG_7380

IMG_7384

Shanghai xiao lung bao. :)

IMG_7386

The soup in the bao was super orgasmic!! Better than the one served in Dragon-I. Woo woo!!!

Chinese in China generally do not speak English and they will always translate mandarin to English directly.

Here’s one example I spotted in Cheng Huang Miao:

IMG_7369

Sucker Beverage Shop.

Sucker? Does the sucker here mean “You sucker! Get the hell away from me!” or “Oh, you are such a great sucke!”? =.=

IMG_7394

Spotted some uncle and aunty chilling out just outside a busy street without anyone’s business. I think if you do that in Malaysia, you will either be banged by a car or someone will come and snatch your purse or harass you.

IMG_7395

Housing area in the middle of a busy tourist centre.

After dinner, we headed for a board ride along the Huangpu River to enjoy the famous night scenery of Shanghai.

IMG_7406

Xiao Tian, our tour guide, looking like an excited boy. Haha. Cute.

We took the 6.50pm boat ride. I think it was the first ride of the night as there was no crowd at all.

IMG_7411

But still, everyone was like rushing for the ride, walking really fast towards the yacht.

IMG_7412

Kiasu-ness of Malaysians.

IMG_7413

The yacht! Or should I call it a boat? Arh, I don’t care!

Here a photo dad took for me. That’s the nicest condominium I had ever seen.

IMG_7417

Wait a minute, why does it look like the uncle behind me is hugging me?!?!?! Dad, what did you do???

One more shoot please!

IMG_7418

Ok, that looked much better.

As the night fell, the scenery was breath taking.

IMG_7444

The Imperial Pearl Tower.

IMG_7435

Some tall buildings along the Huangpu River.

IMG_7460

I love this picture. =) Look at the sky.

IMG_7451

Dad, mom and I posing with the tower.

The night scenery of the Shanghai Bund was amazing.

IMG_7467

 IMG_7471

I really never imagine I would have the chance to be there. Felt so sexy by just looking at the Shanghai Bund. =)

The atmosphere there was super “menggembirakan”, it was probably due to the negative ions present in the air. Haha. I really felt like jumping around and running around on the boat.

We were sent back to the hotel at around 9pm and I was already super dead tired. Old aunty..

IMG_7484

So there goes our trip for Shanghai. Here are some souvenirs we bought from Shanghai.

We would be heading to Hangzhou the next morning! Woo!!

No comments: